These mannequins were motorised with a simple arm waving motion, and used to be generally dressed in yellow wet weather gear. I decided to make this character's face and hair all the same colour with the hair, hard and stylised, to look as much like a mannequin as possible.
The first task was to make the wig. I've make a few hard wigs using Papier-mâché, and generally they have turned out well. Generally I start them out on Dave and then mould them to my own head. This time, I wanted to get a fairly stylised look, so big ridges representing the hair. So after trying a few materials out I struck on the idea of using cling film, twisting it into strings, and layering it on the base. The effect was great but it took many hours to cover the whole wig, so next time I may try untwisting some polypropylene rope as an alternative.
After the wig was finished, I gave it a few coats of liquid latex, so that it would match my face make-up.
Looking forward to seeing how the new character looks and what reactions I get.